Monday, October 22, 2007

Friendship

Yesterday I lost a friend. Someone that I cared about more than he wanted, someone that I've respected more than he ever knew. Someone I trusted - and I typically trust no-one.
I have too few to lose them. And yet, I lost him. Just like that - in a blink of an eye, he was not my friend anymore. He was just a guy telling me "no". And all I wanted was a hug... and a bit of understanding... and a good word. But he didn't have that, then. He was more preoccupied of his own safety? or comfort? or simple, plain, non-complicated life? whatever - it was about him, not about me. Even if all I asked for was a minute.
But nobody hits someone who's already down. Nobody.
And I know he's not nobody. Then why?
I know - I just want too much. And nobody has the time to offer that. Only me. And when I do, they just get scared. All I have is an open heart. And people no longer trust that. But I am not going to change. No. I am right - they are wrong, and bitter, and old.
I lost a friend. But he also lost one.

No comments: