Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dead or alive

Lost sight.
Voice broken by void.
A lifeless arm.
My messed-up hair.
A bloodless heart.
Me.
A shade in the mirror
Bending the light.
Fabricating sadness.
And collecting.

Dead.

I've seen you
In my mirror.
In me?
Through me?
(close) by me?
Was it my dream?
You were smiling
On the other side
Of my light.

How can the dead be dreaming?

I looked. I stared.
I fixed your eyes
With my emptiness,
With non-human desire
For your pulsating life,
For your warm blood,
For your side of light.

Ever wanted to be alive?
Again?

My heart trembled.
My arm resurrected
To unmess the hair.
The teeth bit the lip
And the blood drop,
Falling,
Turned my light red.

I saw, I saw you smiling.
Am I really dead?

Defrost.
And time is moving on
Again.
No longer in my mirror.
My lifeless arm
Is now frenetically searching
In the darkness.

Your smile was never mine.
It's hers - the one who's still alive.

Have you ever found me?

I've cut the veins
Of my left hand
With a dark piece of glass
From the mirror I broke
When I've lost your smile.

Darkness kills the details.

I lie on the stones
As cold as the blood drops
That crashed on the pavement
Sounding like rain.

I am truly dead.

No comments: